13 thoughts on “Is Twitter Fake?

1. Marisa Frank

I have a twitter account but I have never really understood it. I always had a hard time following the conversations and then of course trying to make short catchy tweets that people would be interested in. I haven’t closed my account and I do read tweets daily but I definitely spend more time on Facebook.

2. Courtney~Mommy LaDy Club

Marisa,

The more I think about it, the more I think Twitter is going down. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it based on my Triberr tribes, because it is so connected there. But you can share to all of the other social media venues from Triberr too. This is a doosie for sure, and likely to only grow in its controversy.

1. Courtney~Mommy LaDy Club

Yah, it’s pretty bad. The other bad number is the 651 million who opened accounts, and then abandoned them last month. I think you just might be a very lucky person if you actually have interaction there. I haven’t had any luck in years there.

3. Rosey

I’m a Tweeting fool, lol. I didn’t realize there were so many things about it that were phony, but I do admit I like my Twitter. 🙂

You mentioned StumbleUpon and I’ve heard other people say good things about that, but I haven’t tried it yet. I may look into it. 🙂

I’m here ( to read your latest posts, obviously) but also to wish you a happy holiday season. 🙂

1. C&B~MommyLaDyClub Post author

Yah, it just changes everything there. If they crack down, and start deleting fake followers, no one will want to see their numbers go down, so they are in a real bind to keep users happy I think.

4. Andrea

Okay, definitely didn’t know this bit of info! But I must admit, if nothing else I love Twitter just so I can laugh at all the stupid stuff celebrities find necessary to share!

1. Courtney~Mommy LaDy Club

Funny Andrea:) There is that! I think they missed the mark on getting businesses to advertise with them. They’ll have to monetize it a different way, but I don’t know what you do with fake-junk-spam land?

5. Sharon

I love my triberr accounts, but honestly I have been way too relaxed on my twitter for months now. I used to love tweeting, but I just mostly pay attention around election times now 🙂 Fingers crossed though that it works itself out because I really do find some use in it. Sometimes…

1. Courtney~Mommy LaDy Club

I don’t know really if they can recover, but Triberr is still in good shape, because they have sharing to everywhere, and it’s that one-stop sharing place. I’m really shifting over to Google+ more, and I just took a pretty cool course on it.

6. MumLee

Have been hearing a lot about the fake followers in most of the celebrities’ or politicians’ twitter accounts. But didn’t know things are this bad… Thanks for this informative piece.

1. Courtney~Mommy LaDy Club

I was wondering if all of those followers for the celebs were fake. They might be. Anytime I see huge numbers on someone, that’s the first thing I think of now.